The following are some common and simple-to-make DIY scrubs to help your feet feel refreshed:
- Brown sugar and olive oil – Mix a tablespoon each of brown sugar, olive oil, and baking soda. This scrub can be used anywhere on your body where your skin is feeling rough, but it is excellent at nourishing the skin of your feet.
- Listerine and warm water – While this is technically a foot soak, not a foot scrub, Listerine and warm water is great at penetrating tough and cracked skin to kill germs and flush out dead skin cells. Fill a container with warm water and three caps of Listerine, and soak your feet for 25 minutes.
- Coconut and salt – This scrub is great for exfoliating your feet and moisturizing dry and cracked skin. Mix three tablespoons of coconut oil, half a cup of salt, and some drops of fragrance if you desire.
- Rosemary and peppermint – Use a mortar and pestle to grind rosemary and peppermint leaves together into a coarse blend (if you overdo it, they may not be rough enough to exfoliate the skin).
- Baking soda and salt – This mixture can work as a scrub or a soak. Mix one tablespoon of baking soda with three tablespoons of salt, and stir in olive oil until the mixture forms a paste-like substance.
- Strawberry and sugar – This is a scrub that works excellent all over your body, even your face! Blend three strawberries and mix them with a half cup of sugar and a tablespoon of olive oil.
Many of the scrubs achieve the same goal of cleaning your feet and helping them feel invigorated. Choosing one is a matter of personal preference and needs. Are your feet more rough, requiring a tougher scrub? Use a scrub with more coarse ingredients to exfoliate that rough skin. Just looking for a refresh? Then a softer moisturizing scrub might be the best option for you!
Do you have achy feet that aren’t soothed by scrubs and DIY remedies? Is your foot pain severe? You may have a serious foot condition requiring professional help. Call Kansas City Foot Specialists today to schedule an evaluation at (913) 338-4440, or request an appointment online so we can work with you to keep your feet healthy.