David B. Laha, DPM, FACFAS
Dr. Laha is a specialist in the medical and surgical treatment of the foot. He has extensive training in reconstructive foot surgery and sports medicine of the lower extremity. He takes pride in providing quality, personal care for his patients.
Dr. Laha is Board Certified by the American Board of Podiatric Surgery and the American Board of Foot and Ankle Surgery. He is also a Fellow of the American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons, as well as the American Academy of Podiatric Sports Medicine. He serves on the Board of Directors of the Kansas Podiatric Medical Association and is a Past President of the Association.
Dr. Laha is trained in the treatment of foot injuries, fractures, bunions, hammertoes, neuromas, ingrown toenails, warts, corns, calluses, flat feet, children's foot problems, diabetic foot problems, tumors, fungal nails, heel pain, and sports medicine injuries of the lower extremity.
Dr. Laha is recognized by the medical community as a leading provider of foot care in the Kansas City area. His extensive training has made him an expert in reconstructive foot surgery and sports medicine of the lower extremity. Dr Laha's expertise is sought out by other physicians for their patient care, sports teams for the care of their athletes, organizations for lecturing, attorneys for legal council, and local health reporters for information on a variety of foot and ankle problems and the latest medical innovations for the treatment of foot and ankle problems.
Dr. Laha is currently a board member on the Kansas State Board of Healing Arts, appointed by Governor Brownback in 2012. The state board licenses and oversees approximately 27,000 licensed healthcare professionals in the state of Kansas.
Dr. Laha stays abreast of the latest advances in foot and ankle care. It is his goal to provide the best foot and ankle care using the latest medical and surgical techniques, in a compassionate, friendly environment.
Dr. Laha received his medical training at the California College of Podiatric Medicine in San Francisco, California, graduating with honors. He performed his post graduate residency training at Hayward Vesper Hospital in Hayward, California, specializing in reconstructive foot and ankle surgery. He was the Chief Resident his last year in training.
Dr Laha has been practicing in the Kansas City area since 1985. He is a Kansas native born in Winchester and raised in Centralia. He attended Kansas Wesleyan University, graduating with honors. While in college he played basketball and was an outstanding track and cross country athlete. He was inducted into the Kansas Wesleyan Athletic Hall of Fame in 1997.
Visit Dr. Laha's Healthtap profile
- Kansas Wesleyan University, Salina, Kansas, BS - Biology
- Alpha Chi National Honor Society
- Pi Delta National Honor Society
- Surgical Residency Program in Reconstructive Foot and Ankle Surgery
- Chief Resident: 1984 - 1985
Certifications / Memberships
- Board Certified, American Board of Foot and Ankle Surgery
- Fellow, American Academy of Podiatric Sports Medicine
- Fellow, American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons
- Fellow, American Society of Podiatric Surgeons
- Member, American MENSA
- Member, American Running and Fitness Association
- Member, American Podiatric Medical Association
- Member, Kansas Podiatric Medical Association
- Kansas Podiatric Medical Association - Board of Directors 1987 - 2002, 2012 - present
- Kansas Podiatric Medical Association - Past President: 1996-1998
- Kansas State Board of Healing Arts 2012 to present
Board of Trustees
- Kansas Wesleyan University 2012 to present
- Menorah Medical Center, Overland Park, Kansas
- Surgicenter of Johnson County, Overland Park, Kansas
- Surgery Center of Blue Valley, Overland Park, Kansas