Dr. Jennifer Phillips is a Kansas City native. She completed her medical and surgical residency at the Medical Center of Independence. Her residency provided Dr. Phillips with specialized training in reconstructive foot surgery and diabetic foot care. Dr. Phillips has been with Kansas City Foot Specialists since 2004.
Dr. Phillips is committed to treating podiatric medical conditions of the foot and ankle including: bunions, hammertoes, neuromas, heel pain, foot and ankle injuries, diabetic foot conditions, ingrown toenails, warts, corns, calluses, fungal toenails, and sports medicine. She is dedicated to learning the latest advances in medicine, integrating quality of care with communication and compassion. She emphasizes patient education in medical conditions and proper footwear, and provides the highest quality of foot and ankle care.
Dr. Phillips received her DPM degree at Des Moines University Health Sciences where she trained along with students receiving DO degrees and physical therapy degrees. She achieved her Bachelor of Arts Degree in Chemistry at Arizona State University.
Dr. Phillips is a Diplomate of the American Board of Podiatric Surgery and is Board Certified in Foot Surgery. She is a member of the American Diabetes Association, American Podiatric Medical Association, and the Kansas Podiatric Medical Association. She has hospital affiliations with Menorah Medical Center, Johnson County Surgery Center, and Surgery Center of Blue Valley.
When out of the office, Dr. Phillips enjoys spending quality time with her husband and three children. She spends her free time running, reading, doing barre workouts, playing golf, and attending her children’s various sporting events.
- Podiatric Medical and Surgical Residency – Medical Center of Independence, Independence, MO
- Doctor of Podiatric Medicine – Des Moines University Health Sciences, Des Moines, IA
- Bachelor of Arts, Chemistry – Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ
Certifications / Memberships
- Member, American Podiatric Medical Association
- Member, American Diabetes Association
- Member, Kansas Podiatric Medical Association
- Diplomat, American Board of Podiatric Surgery
- Board Certified in Foot Surgery
- Recertified in 2019
- State Licensure, Kansas
- Menorah Medical Center, Overland Park, Kansas
- Surgicenter of Johnson County, Overland Park, Kansas
- Surgery Center of Blue Valley, Blue Valley, Kansas