Get the benefits of happy feet from a foot massage
August is a busy time of the year as summer activities, school shopping, concerts and get togethers consume much of our free time. Through all these activities, your feet work hard to get you where you need to be every day. Over time, your feet can become tired, and much like your neck, shoulders and back, your feet can benefit from a regular rubdown.
While a professional foot massage is a treat, you can do it yourself following these steps:
- Sit in a comfortable chair with your legs bent and your left foot resting gently on your right thigh.
- Gently rub lotion into your foot and massage your toes, arch, and heel, covering the entire area of your foot.
- Perform a deeper massage by pressing your right hand’s knuckles into your left foot, kneading your foot, and pressing your thumbs into the skin on the bottom of your foot.
- Stretch the muscles underneath your foot by gently pulling your toes back and forth or apart.
- Repeat these steps on your right foot.
Foot massages help improve your circulation, stimulate your muscles, reduce any tension, and ease pain. In addition, you have the opportunity to check your feet for blisters, bunions, corns, and toenail problems when you give your feet a little TLC.
If you find anything that concerns you about your feet during your foot massage, don’t hesitate to contact the Kansas City Foot Specialists to request a consultation.