Try these foot care tips to prevent and treat
common summer ailments
Warmer months are just around the corner! When the sun comes out, so do sandals, flip-flops, and other summer shoes, which can lead to problems such as tired feet, foot cramps, calluses, and blisters. Keep your feet happy with these great summer foot care tips:
- Trim your toenails with proper nail clippers.
- Massage your feet with a thin layer of lotion. For dry heels, use a pumice stone in the shower once or twice a week. Rub the pumice stone in one direction only, as going back and forth can make skin crack.
- Change your socks daily if you have to wear them (make sure socks are 70% cotton or wool).
- Banish blisters by wearing proper-fitting shoes and keeping your feet dry.
- Reserve your flip-flops for the locker room or pool, and wear shoes with more support during the day.
- Get help for your feet if you need it.